Is it That Time of Year? : Cyber Technologies Fire Alarm Inspection
Cyber Technologies is known for its many services. Although we are experts when it comes to Home Automation and Systems Integrations one of our most important area of expertise is Fire Alarm Testing and Fire Alarm inspection.
These two services are important because they save properties and more importantly lives. The main purpose of a fire alarm is to send out a warning signal for occupants and emergency services to act. What happens when these systems are not properly maintained or inspected? They simply start to degrade which results in the loss of proper warning to occupants and emergency services alike.
With the New Year right around the corner we find that many of our clients choose this time of year to do their annual, semiannual or quarterly fire alarm inspections. The New Year provides a constant regular reminder. Other dates that may help you remember that you are due for a fire alarm inspection or test are your birthday, an anniversary or day-light savings.
If you’re in need of a Fire Alarm Inspection/Testing Cyber Technologies can offer the following services so you and your family can sleep peacefully at night knowing that your systems have been properly maintained and inspected.
- Test & visual inspection of panel functionality, LED’s, fuses
- Test panel battery charger
- Battery discharge test
- Test & visual inspection of horns, strobes, chimes, & bells
- Test & visual inspection of smoke detectors
- Test & visual inspection of heat detectors
- Test & visual inspection of duct smoke detectors
- Test & visual inspection of Electromechanical Releasing Devices (Solenoid)
- Test & visual inspection of Voice Evacuation equipment
Semiannual Requirements for Fire Alarm Inspection:
- Test of sprinkler water flow switches (flow water or manually trip flapper)
- Test of sprinkler valve tamper switches (operate valves)
- Visual inspection lead-acid battery (swelling or loose connections)
- Test batteries – load voltage
Quarterly Requirement for Fire Alarm Inspection:
- Visual inspection of all fire sprinkler devices connected to the alarm. This includes water flow switches and valve tamper switches.
- Test of fire pump monitored points (loss of phase, phase reversal, pump running etc…)
For a more detailed look at how we can help you, your home and your business contact Cyber Technologies today.