How to Test Your New York Security Alarms
Cyber Technology and their New York Security Alarms, New York Fire Alarm Systems, New York Alarm Systems and New York City Fire Alarm Systems services are strong believers in the periodical testing of your home security system. It is important to remember that the installation of such a system is not enough. One must be aware of the condition their system is in. Not unlike a smoke detector, home security systems should be tested at least once a year. No matter what system you have installed, they all have some form of testing. Below are a few tips that may work for you.
How to test door, window contacts and sensors
- Before anything else verify that your system is in “ready” mode. Important: make sure not to arm it.
- One at a time, open each protected door and window.
- After opening a protected door and window Check that the keypad displays the door or window you are testing is open. Do this for every door and window you open
- After opening the said window or door close them and check the keypad display, it should show that the security connections are making contact
- Repeat this same process for all your sensors as well.
Testing of the Signal Transmission to the Monitoring Station
- Before anything else make sure to contact the company in charge of monitoring your system. Ask them to place your system on “Test”Mode. Have your account number and password ready to give to the operator.
- Arm your system as usual and set it off by opening one of your windows or doors. Allow the alarm to go off and sound for a minute or so.
- At this point turn off your alarm and reset it to “Ready”Mode.
- Call up your monitoring company and make sure they have received the signal, once you have confirmed make sure your monitoring company takes systems of test mode.
Not all systems are the same but most do allow for the same tests to be run. For a more detailed test make sure to directly contact the company that installed your system. If you’re in the market for a new alarm system contact Cyber Technology. With over a decade of experience Cyber Technology can help you decide on the proper system for you and your family. Check out our services below: